Mr. Light Solar-Powered Hummingbird Garden Stake with Color-Changing LED Backlighting


It's Cute at Night!4

Even I think color-changing light is a bit tacky but hey this is a hummingbird! A clear acrylic hummingbird tops a two-part stake. A rechargeable battery is included and must be inserted into one half of the stake prior to assembly. The solar panel is a disk encircling the stake. The hummingbird is well-done. There's some detail; it's not just a blob.



This baby stays lit all night. It's still lit at sunrise. The LED is a pretty bright light. This piece makes a bold statement at night. That said it's virtually invisible during the day. I do like it and will look for more solar/LED lighting now that I've tried this. If you prefer yard art with a little class you won't like it. If you're into novelty you will.



Edit May 9 2009: I stored the unit in the garage over the winter. The solar panel was slightly damaged by wind and rain during the summer. But when I brought it out this year it still worked by golly. I bought another one and posted some photos.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List